Never making eggs AGAIN !

this week we went through the first 5 chapters of illustrator and let me tell you, i got so confused. everytime that i finally learned how to do something from a chapter, i would get confused on the next step. i honestly was stressed out a lot this week because i thought that i would never understand anything from the illustrator book , but thanks to my buddy Brycen i’ve got all this stuff down great and i can make a pretty impressive robot if i do say so myself. even though i can make robots, i learned that i cannot for the life of me make cartoon eggs. i spent about 30 minutes on the first day just on finding the right shades of beige to make a nice shading effect on the egg, eventually i gave up and just began a different, and a lot simpler tutorial of Dexter from Dexters Labratory. This tutorial came out perfect. it came out nice because it was really simple to make and only involved overlapping shapes till the form of his body and head came up. This week i learned how to use the pathfinder tool which actually comes in handy A LOT and by far is going to be my favorite tool to use. Honestly, i did not really like my state fair photo entry. i feel like i could’ve done so much better if i would have had more time. i don’t think i’ll make it into the showcase and i’m okay with it because i know some people worked really hard on what hey submitted and it turned out really well. i just know that for the next competition i have to come up with something REALLY REALLY good. as for the other photo contests that have been given to us with an opportunity to join, i really don’t know if i will enter them because i’m very self conscious of my work and o feel like it’s not good enough. All i want to be able to grow as a photographer and a designer and i know it will take a lot of time but hopefully i get to the place that i’m proud of my work and want to present it to everyone.

2 thoughts on “Never making eggs AGAIN !

1. Still close to impossible to read your blog on this background. Proofread and correct capitalization errors.

2. I thoroughly enjoyed the artistic aspect of your background, specifically the narcissistic inclusion of yourself in the background. Well done, cherrio!